Many marketers target as many keywords as possible to hit the rankings. By writing content around multiple keywords, they believe it will push their pages higher up the rankings. But there is no guarantee that it will work. There is a better way to rank for diverse keywords, and that is through pillar pages. As the name suggests, the pillar page is the foundation around which other content is built. Let’s find out what pillar pages are and their value in terms of SEO.
What is a Pillar Page?
A pillar page provides a comprehensive overview of the subject without getting into the details. It covers subtopics and related topics as a passing note. The pillar page offers the opportunity to link related content, which helps the audience research more. It is a guide to new visitors and helps them understand what the website is all about. So, every brand doing SEO in Adelaide should create pillar pages.
What are Topic Clusters?
Topic Clusters are like the branches of the same tree. The pillar page is the trunk, and different topic clusters branch out from there. Topic clusters have a narrow focus and explore a particular topic in great length and detail. They make the pillar page effective by adding depth to the core topic.
Steps Involved in Creating a Pillar Page
1. Topic Identification: The first stage is identifying the topic that attracts a large group of customers. The topic should not be too narrow and must have a high search volume. Also, brands doing SEO in Adelaide should choose a topic relevant to the industry.
2. Keyword Research: At this stage, marketers should identify primary keywords to use throughout the pillar page. They should also identify related keywords and strategize on how to use them. Including long-tail keywords is a smart move, as these keywords have low search volume but high intent.
3. Content Creation: Brands should first craft an outline and plan the title and subheadings to include. Having an outline is crucial and will improve the quality of the writing. Then, they can proceed with writing to match user intent. The content should be well-researched and provide valuable information.
4. Content Enhancement: Marketers should enhance the effectiveness of the content by including more visuals. Using high-quality images and videos will make the content easy to understand.
5. Content Optimisation: After the writing part, it is necessary to optimize the content for readability and accessibility. Likewise, marketers should focus on optimizing the content for featured snippets when they do SEO in Adelaide.
6. Content Promotion: Publishing the content is not enough- it is crucial to promote it. Brands can share their pillar page on social media sites.
7. Supporting Content: The pillar page is great, but it needs to add more depth. Marketers should write topic clusters and link them to the pillar age. It will boost the brand’s authority and reputation.
SEO benefits of pillar pages
Many brands produce content on a variety of topics and target multiple keywords. Their blogs are disorganized and lack a connection between them. Often the pages will compete for rankings against each other, and the overall rankings suffer. But writing pillar pages improve site organization and makes it easy for visitors to navigate through the site. Google crawlers will have no trouble scanning through the site, translating to higher rankings on the SERP. Working with an expert providing digital marketing service will help improve site navigation.
Pillar pages cover a subject comprehensively and target related topics in the industry. Marketers don’t have to hunt hard for keywords. They will place keywords naturally as they focus on covering related topics on the pillar page. The content will rank for multiple keywords and will attract customers from various places.
Suggested Read: The Voice of Reason: VOC Feedback from Customers
Google sees links as a ranking factor, and it also enhances the user experience. Having more links will demonstrate authority and expertise. The pillar page provides more opportunities for marketers to link multiple topics that visitors can explore. It makes them stay longer on the site and increases dwell time. Likewise, it increases engagement rates and makes Google view the site more positively. It is also necessary to optimize links by getting the digital marketing service of an expert.
Accelerates Content Marketing
Content marketing is essential for rankings, leads, and conversions. It helps build trust and establish authority in the industry. So, it makes sense to invest more time and effort in content marketing. The pillar page helps brands develop more topics for their blogs. It allows them to take on a topic in detail and addresses people’s objections to their products. The content not only helps in rankings but also helps build stronger relationships.
Increases Social Sharing
Visitors will see the pillar page as the destination where they can know all about the industry. The high-quality information will fill the gaps in the audience’s knowledge base. They will be happy to learn something new and share it with their friends. So, brands can get the digital marketing service of an expert to write pillar pages for more shares and high rankings.
Creating pillar pages is the easiest way to get more organic SEO results. It adds value to people and helps the search engines without any trade-off. Pillar pages won’t get hit by algorithm updates and will stay relevant for long.